For Immediate Release – WASA Updates & Addressing COVID-19
Contact: Justin Kha, President, WASA
As our country and the world adjusts to life with the Covid-19 pandemic, the WASA team urges everyone to follow the CDC and US Government’s guidance to mitigate the spread of this disease. By now there have been numerous updates regarding the situation and we feel it important to keep you informed. Here is a link to view the official guidance from the US Government to combat the disease. Below you will find links to the CDC’s official site for Covid-19 and relevant industry updates from DASMA, IDA and AFA.
Even though we have tough times ahead, we will come out of this stronger and more resilient as we have throughout history. Operating under optimism while adjusting to the global crisis, our team would like to update our members as follows:
- WASA Scholarship
- The submission deadline has been extended to 06/31/20 to accommodate for school closures, providing applicants additional time.
- WASA Tradeshow (Las Vegas 09/25/20 –
- The Board has voted to proceed as planned for the last weekend of September
- We will reassess the situation on 05/21/20 as a team to move ahead or reschedule
- Flexibility for cancellations is extended by the Orleans for exhibitors and attendees
Many of you are still out there providing services to keep support services running, and we hope you take all necessary precautions to stay safe and healthy! Thank you.
Other Industry Associations Response to COVID-19: